Kia Ora and Welcome to Holidays in New Zealand!
So you are planning to have your Holidays in New Zealand ! Congratulations! You have made a great choice.
You have probably come to this site because your preference is for independent travel for your holidays in New Zealand. Like you........ I enjoy the fun and flexibility of deciding my own itinerary and activities. Organized group tours are for other people.
Born and bred here, I know my country inside out……… and love it! I am here to share with you my knowledge and experiences, of the diverse treasures and pleasures holidays in New Zealand have to offer.
Including a wealth of information and tips that will help you have better vacation or holidays in New Zealand....... a country you are new to. I will ensure you have all the necessary tourist information you require for a dream holiday, at your fingertips.
Whether you prefer indoor or outdoor pursuits, action packed days or more sedate travels, a romantic honeymoon in a quiet, away from it all spot..........whatever your choice of vacation........... we have something for everyone.
Towns and Cities......
Apart from the two gateway cities Auckland and Christchurch, you will want to see at least some of our other cities with special features.
Our capital city,Wellington......... along with Tauranga, Rotorua, Napier, Nelson and Marlborough, Hokitika – these all have special interest for tourists.
Queenstown being the jewel having been selected as one of the Top 10 places in the world to visit for 2008.
New Zealand scenery is spectacular and varied. The North and South Islands are very different. With mountains and rivers, lush bush and lakes, fiords and glaciers, stunning beaches and surf, islands and forests, to name just some of the natural delights.
Water Sports .......
There is a huge list of water based activities to choose from, whether it is in the sea, on a lake or down a river. A small selection -
The list goes on.......... ........................ ............ ......and on............AND ON !
Mountains, Bush, Wildlife
Land based activities include hundreds of hiking tracks and bush walks. Be sure to check the level of fitness
required, and hiking and tramping tips!
New Zealand mountains offer superb snowboarding, skiing, and climbing in winter, with many popular hikes in summer.
Whale watching or visiting the gannet, albatross or penguin colonies is a heart warming experience. My favourite are the kotuku ( white herons) on the West Coast of the South Island.
Our many thermal pools offer a warming experience of a different kind. For pure luxury and relaxation, you could go for a total spa rejuvenation.
Your Adrenaline Rush.....
.........you get the picture?
These are but a few of the activities to enjoy in the land where bungee jumping was born.
With a range of golf courses, some in spectacular cliff top locations, golfers might be planning around some golf.
Wine and Food.......
Perhaps you are a wine buff? Enjoy a wine themed holiday in New Zealand....sampling at the many wineries throughout the country.
This usually goes hand in hand with sampling some of our incredibly fresh and delicious food.. New Zealand is a foodies paradise with our own special Kiwi fusion style.
Unique New Zealand Culture
Holidays in New Zealand also have much for the culture vulture. You will be wanting to visit the variety of excellent museums, including our national museum found in Wellington, Te Papa, meaning “our place”.
Art galleries, crafts, design. We are good at these. From film to fashion design, New Zealand is recognized internationally. And yes....... you can see some of the locations where " Lord of the Rings" was filmed.
Maori culture is fascinating.For a truly New Zealand cultural experience, Rotorua has a unique Maori flavour, both scenic and cultural. Your holidays in New Zealand are not really complete without catching a little of the Maori culture unique to this country.
The historic center of our country is found in the Bay of Islands at Waitangi, where you can learn something of the history of New Zealand.
Every city has beautiful parks and gardens, while many private gardens are open to the public.
Here on a business trip? Combine this with some sightseeing close to the cities. Car rentals and other transport options in New Zealand are numerous. Or perhaps you prefer to relax and take a day tour, or harbour cruise?
Having your holidays in New Zealand with children? Check out the many wonderful experiences for children.There is plenty to keep them interested........much costing very little.
For most of you, your independent Holidays in New Zealand tour will no doubt include a mix of activities. Have fun choosing from the suggestions in these pages.
You will find a wide range of possible accommodation suggestions to suit all pockets – from luxurious to budget.
Holidays in New Zealand in a hired Motorhome or Campervan is a popular choice for many independent travellers.
I will cover where, when, and how to find these activities and services in the pages within. Offer travel tips, recommendations, and specialized information to make your trip to New Zealand a memorable holiday of a lifetime.
Extra Note: New Zealand spelling is in line with the UK, so may differ from what you are used to. See if you can spot the differences.
Have you enjoyed this site? If so please help others to find it.If you have a blog or website, or know someone who does, please consider linking to me.Add me to your Facebook or My Space, Tweet this... You get the idea.Every link helps! SHARE THIS SITE HERE
Sign up for the RSS feed so you are updated when new pages are published.
Link Exchange With Holidays in New Zealand
- New Zealand Holidays Blog
- This New Zealand Holidays Blog will keep you up to date with all new information,additions and changes to holidays-in-newzealand.com. Subscribe here.
- Contact Holidays-in-New-Zealand.com
- The Contact Holidays-in-New-Zealand.com form is for comments, questions or suggestions on my site's content , improvements and requested information on holidays in New Zealand.
- Northland New Zealand
- Northland New Zealand is an outdoor playground. This page provides you with all the informatrion on the best travel routes to see and do all the Northland has to offer,beaches,activities, sun.
- A Guide to Auckland
- A comprehensive Auckland Information Guide for the independent traveller.Suggestions ,tips and recommendations on the best attractions , activities , shopping, accommodation, transport and more.
- Coromandel Peninsula
- Coromandel Peninsula has numerous glorious white sandy beaches and bays perfect for water sports, scenic walks, and much more.
- Rotorua is a unique thermal wonderland - the Maori cultural centre of New Zealand.For spectacular scenery, adventure activities galore, thermal parks and pools, and beautiful bush studded lakes.
- Bay of Plenty
- Easily accessed from Auckland the Bay of Plenty includes Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and Whakatane. For more details on travel routes, activites, accommodation and sightseeing in the area read on.
- Around Taupo
- Around Taupo township situated on the shores of Lake Taupo are many popular tourist destinations. Look here for information, recommendations and suggestions for all that Taupo has to offer.
- Napier - Art Deco City
- Napier- Art Deco Capital of New Zealand. is in Hawkes Bay. It is also one of New Zealand's best wine growing areas.Find out about Napier's Attractions, wineries and more.
- Visit Gisborne Eastland
- Visit Gisborne Eastland in New Zealand's Eastland region. Read about the holiday activities and tourism information and plan your trip to this interesting region of New Zealand's North Island.
- Around Taranaki
- A tour around Taranaki offers a variety of attractions and activities with Mt Taranaki, New Plymouth, surf beaches, gardens and much more.
- Explore Wellington
- Explore Wellington using this holiday guide.Parliament buildings,Te Papa National Museum, Kelburn Cable Car, Zealandia are but a few attractions.For a full list check here.
- Nelson Marlborough
- Nelson Marlborough is a region at the top of New Zealand's South Island offering great outdoor adventures and gourmet wine and food experiences -read this guide to this popular tourist destination.
- Around Blenheim
- All you need to know about what there is to do and see around Blenheim. With many attractions, wineries and spectacular scenery you can plan a 4-5 day itinerary in the area
- Christchurch travel
- Use this Christchurch travel information to plan an exciting independent sightseeing itinerary .
- Aoraki Mt Cook
- Aoraki Mt Cook National Park with dozens of mountain peaks including glaciers, the MacKenzie Basin and Lake Tekapo is some of New Zealands most scenic country with exciting alpine activities.
- Visit Dunedin
- When you visit Dunedin you can explore the many historic attractions and enjoy a diverse range of wildlife in their natural habitats.Read on for more information....
- A Queenstown information guide to help you plan an activity packed vaction or
- Explore Central Otago
- Explore Central Otago - you will be in historic gold mining territory. Scenically stunning there is a plethora of mountain and outdoor activities, wineries and much more.
- Visit Fiordland - a UNESCO Heritage site and some of New Zealand's most stunning scenery.Milford Track and other great walks, fiords, rainforest, lakes, rivers and mountains all here
- West Coast New Zealand
- A West Coast New Zealand guide to this scenic wonderland with a diverse selection of exciting adventure outdoor activities
- Accommodation New Zealand
- Accommodation New Zealand -hotels, motels, bed and breakfast, backpackers, hostels, camping - the choices are wide, and the prices to suit all pockets. Compare prices, make bookings here.
- transport options
- A guide to choosing the right transport options for your independent New Zealand holiday.Information on self drive options, day tours,budget travel, travel passes and much more.
- New Zealand Road Map
- Use this interactive New Zealand Road Map by Google to plan your travel route around New Zealand.
- New Zealand Maps
- New Zealand Maps gives you access to a New Zealand road map and city maps and travel guides to download.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance and Medical Travel Insurance inform.ation and tips on choosing the best cover for you and your circumstances
- New Zealand Exchange Rate
- The New Zealand Exchange Rate fluctuates daily.Use this currency converter to check your own currency against the New Zealand dollar.
- World Clock
- A World Clock will help you make phone calls,plan travel connections, arrival and departure times without a hitch.
- New Zealand Adventure Travel
- Read about New Zealand Adventure Travel activities which are as diverse as bungy jumping, kayaking to parasailing and much more..
- New Zealand Bungy Jumping
- New Zealand Bungy Jumping is oneof our most popular adventure activities, with a choice of over ten bungy experiences.
- Tourism New Zealand WindSports
- Tourism New Zealand WindSports is about kiteboarding, windsurfing, parasailing, paragliding, hot airballooning and all those other exhilarating sports reliant on wind.
- New Zealand Skiing
- New Zealand Skiing and snowbaording are popular wintersports, with many opportunities in the North and South Islands.
- New Zealand Walking Holidays - Hiking, Tramping,New Zealand Great Walks
- There are dozens of New Zealand Walking holidays from an hour to several days. All the information you should require is here. Choose walks to suit your fitness levels and time.
- Whale Watching
- Whale watching and swimming with dolphins are popular tourist activities found in several New Zealand locations.Visit this page to find out where you will find these exciting activities.
- New Zealand Hot Springs and Spa Resorts
- New Zealand Hot Springs are spread throughout the country, offering a range of thermal pools, spa and beauty treatments,accommodation and more.Read on for more information
- Lord Of The Rings
- Lord Of The Rings could be a theme for your New Zealand tour.Follow my suggestions for a huge selection of Lord of the Rings tours and locations.
- Maori Culture
- An introduction to Maori culture for tourists.What to expect, where to see it, protocols to observe, terminology to enhance your visits to Maori tourist attractions.
- New Zealand Scenery
- New Zealand Scenery is reknowned as spectacular.With stunning mountains, lakes, rivers, bush, and beaches the natural vistas are truly breathtaking.
- New Zealand Waterfalls
- New Zealand waterfalls cover just about every category of waterfall imaginable. You will discover stunning waterfalls in rainforest, bush, mountains in every size, height and type of cascade.
- New Zealand Weddings
- New Zealand Weddings offer a multitude of options.Outdoor wedding venues include vineyards, beaches, gardens, parks,historic churches, homes or hotels, unique venues for the wedding of your dreams.
- New Zealand Honeymoon
- A New Zealand Honeymoon has all the ingredients for a truly romantic honeymoon destination, with plenty of secluded accommodations, romantic places to explore, and exciting activities to share.
- New Zealand Wineries
- A New Zealand Wineries overview to give you all the in.formation you need about New Zealand wines, wineries, winery locations, and best New Zealand wines
- New Zealand Restaurants
- New Zealand Restaurants, cafes, fast food and eating places come in a wide range of prices, cuisine styles .See reviews to choose your cuisine preference and restaurant
- New Zealand Food
- New Zealand food is fresh, simple, delicious and our Pacific Rim fusion style cuisine combines Pacific, Asian and European cuisine.
- New Zealand Tours
- A list of 136 New Zealand Tours for you to choose from....including day tours, visiting attractions, activities, short tours.
- Shopping New Zealand
- Shopping New Zealand will offer a huge range of uniquely new Zealand products from jewellry, wool wear, sheepskin products, designer clothing, arts, crafts and much more.
- New Zealand Entertainment
- Place a free advertisement for your New Zealand entertainment , events, festivals, or concerts here .
- New Zealand Freebies
- Use these New Zealand Freebies discount vouchers and freebie coupons to make your dollars stretch further on your New Zealand holiday.
- Holidays in New Zealand Travel Store
- Holidays in New Zealand Travel Store has a full Zazzle range of New Zealand customised products including Tshirts, souvenirs, mugs, ties, Cards and much more.Customise your own quality product.
- New Zealand Tourist Information
- New Zealand Tourist Information
- New Zealand Travel Itineraries
- Use these New Zealand Travel Itineraries to help plan your holidays in New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Tips
- New Zealand Travel Tips gives information on important health,safety, cultural and miscellaneous information.
- New Zealand Travel Questions
- Ask your New Zealand Travel Questions, and find your answers .Many travellers have the same queries. Your question may be answered on these pages.If not, ask, and be answered.
- Your New Zealand Travel Reviews and Stories Index
- This New Zealand Travel Reviews and Stories Index makes the correct page for your contribution a click away. Please share....comment...or read for information.
- Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand
- Rugby World Cup 2011 will played in New Zealand It is time to plan your travel if you are visiting New Zealand for the Ruby World Cup. Get your tickets, Book accommodation and plan any travel early.
- New Zealand Travel Guides and Books
- New Zealand Travel Guides and Books to read , inform and enjoy ,enhancing your travel experience.
- New Zealand Travel Writing
- New Zealand travel writing to inspire, inform and entertain.
- Your Stories
- Your Stories about your New Zealand tourism, and adventure activities experiences can inspire and delight many. You are invited to write a review for the readers of Holidays in New Zealand to share.
- Share This Site
- Please share this site make your relatives, friends, or web list happy by giving them access to this comprehensive information rich site on planning their Holidays in New Zealand.
- Free New Zealand e-Postcards
- Send free New Zealand e-postcards to family and friends
- Travel Resources
- Travel Resources - Travel links and directories offering a wide selction of helpful travel sites for New Zealand and stopover destinations .
- Travel Destinations Links
- More Travel Destinations Links for extensive travel information for independent travellers.
- New Zealand Sitesearch
- Use this New Zealand sitesearch tool to find specific information on http://www.holidays-in-newzealand and/or the web.
- An Introduction
- An Introduction to the webmistress of www.holidays-in-newzealand.com.A little about who she is,and how she came to build this website.
- Disclosure for www.holidays-in-newzealand.com